Neptune Basketball Club (1947)
Neptune Basketball Club was founded in 1947 in what was an Army and Navy initiative to developcitizen clubs, Humphry Lynch was the first Chairperson of Neptune BC. Neptune participated in street leagues and contested our first Championship final U18 in 1952.
In 1958 Neptune BC contested the first championship final to be held in the parochial hall. As the game grew in popularity through the establishment of the CCBB so did Neptune BC. Our practice sessions moved from Barry’s place to various school yards and in time school gyms.
During this period Neptune continued to develop its own identity in terms of style of play which is still evident today. In the late 1970’s & 1980’s the idea to build our own home court was developed by some very dedicated members ( too many to mention ) culminating in the opening of Neptune Stadium in 1985.
Neptune BC has a proud history of producing competitive teams and have produced many International players through the years, this continues to this day. Our club continues to push the boundaries in terms of performance having won an unprecedented 3 national cup titles in 2017 namely U18, U20 and Div 1 Presidents cup winners.
A proud legacy to all of our members past and present who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes over decades to give aspiring players the opportunity to develop and excel through Basketball.
Neptune Basketball Club.